The diagnosis of cancer in your pet can be a frightening experience, however the Oncology team at the Melbourne Veterinary Specialist Centre is here to assist you and your pet through this difficult time.
In order to provide the best possible care to our cancer patients we offer a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic options including:
- Melbourne's only onsite veterinary MRI in private practice which is the best tool for investigating the spread of tumours
- Various Chemotherapy options ranging from oral medicines to injected chemotherapy
- A specialised radiograph and fluoroscopy suite
- Video endoscopy
- Access to radiation, interstate
- In-house haematology and biochemistry in addition to nearby support from a major veterinary pathology laboratory with fast turnaround times.
We offer a combined medical and surgical oncology service and as such have the ability to discuss the case directly with the specialist surgery team as required. In many cases both the medical and surgical teams will have a large input into the management of care.